Many of us love to ride the Arkansas highways on our motorcycles. Taking a ride with family and friends on a fresh crisp weekend is pure joy. Providing Motorcycle Insurance is what we do.
All motorcycles on the road are required by law to have motorcycle insurance. Motorcycle insurance protects a motorcycle and its owner in the event of a loss. The term motorcycle policy encompasses motorcycles, scooters, mopeds, snowmobiles, ATVs, and golf carts
But as we all know, safety must be a primary concern. Here are a few tips:
- Have an annual insurance review. We can help you find the right combination of coverage and price, and we provide outstanding customer service can provide you with the right combination on coverage and price.
- Wear a Helmet. Buy a full-face helmet for the best protection for your head and eyes. A motorcycle rider not wearing a helmet is 40 percent more likely to sustain a fatal head injury in a crash than a rider wearing a helmet. A National Highway Traffic Safety Administration study reports that, "Helmets saved 1,483 motorcyclists lives in 2009, and 732 more could have been saved if all motorcyclists had worn helmets."
- Wear other protective gear as well; heavy leather or synthetic gloves, long pants and jacket, and over-the-ankle leather boots. Leathers can keep you warm and protected.
- More than 90 percent of riders involved in accidents had never taken a formal motorcycle driving course. Get to know your bike’s capabilities, like how it performs on a curve or slick roads, and you’ll become a much safer rider. Errors like over-braking, driving too fast and under-cornering are major factors in most solo mishaps.
- Driving impaired is more deadly for cyclers than other drivers. In fact, more than half of all motorcycle deaths occur when the rider has been drinking.
- Service your bike to make sure it is working correctly.
Have a great time on your bike, be safe and call us with any questions. Kohler and Green represents many fine motorcycle companies including Progressive, Formost, American Modern and Dairyland. Call us today for a quote!