Insurance can be confusing to many people. But here are few interesting facts to get you thinking about your insurance program. We can offer the right combination of pricing and coverage on your home, auto, boat, and business insurance.
· There were over 26,000 arson fires in the U.S. in 2013.
· Hail causes about $1 billion dollars in damage to crops and property each year.
· There were over 2,000,000 home burglaries in 2013.
· One third of consumers believe they do not have enough life insurance.
· 721,000 autos were stolen in the same year in 2103.
· Winter storms caused $1.9 billion dollars in insured losses in 2013.
· Did you know that if the price of gold goes up, you may need to increase your insurance on your jewelry?
· There were 31,328 deaths by firearms in the U.S. in 2012.
· September is the most common month for hurricanes making landfall in the U.S.
· Identity theft claims increased over 18% in 2013.
· 21% of fatal auto accidents were caused by driving too fast.
· According to the National Fire Protection Association, in 2012, on average, a fire department responded to a fire every 23 seconds in the United States.
· Most homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage. Just a few inches of water from a flood can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage.
· For most people the cost of health insurance will exceed the cost of health care services.
· The average renter paid about $200 for insurance in 2013.
· Under heath care reform, the relatively sick will find it easier and less expensive to obtain insurance. The healthy will pay more as a result.
· There were about 4,600 boating accidents reported in 2013. 462 occurred in Texas.
· Alcohol was the largest human factor in boating deaths in 2013 (17 percent of boating fatalities), causing 140 deaths in 368 accidents and resulting in 313 injuries.
· There were 3,020 distraction-affected fatal crashes in 2013. Turn off your phone!
We hope this has given you a chance to think about your home, auto, boat, motorcycle and business insurance needs. Please call us today and let us help you sleep better at night, knowing you are better protected.
It is that time of year to set goals, review business plans and look forward to a prosperous 2014. Part of your planning should include an annual business insurance review. Your business changes, and so do your exposures. After you review some of these items, call our office and we will be happy to discuss these and more with you.
Why Complete a Business Insurance Review?
Have you considered the following coverage?
a. Cyber Liability
b. Directors & Officers Liability
c. Employment Liability
d. Earthquake, Flood or Wind Insurance
e. Business Income
f. Workers Compensation
g. Equipment Breakdown
h. Umbrella or Excess Liability
As a business owner, you can ensure that your company is protected by keeping your general liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance and commercial auto policies updated to reflect changes in your business. Call us today. We can help you design the right combination of coverage and price.
Many of us love to ride the Arkansas highways on our motorcycles. Taking a ride with family and friends on a fresh crisp Arkansas weekend is pure joy. But as we all know, safety must be a primary concern. Here are a few tips from Kohler Green Insurance:
Have a great time on your bike, be safe and call us with any questions.
It seems like you can’t get through a TV show or read a magazine without seeing an auto insurance ad. Big insurance companies spend billions to get your business. But are they really giving you the best coverage designed specifically for you?
Here are a few auto insurance myths we have seen, that you need to know about:
Myth - Buying on line is better. Would you go to a web page to diagnose your illness and then select from a drop down list for your treatment? That is what on-line insurance buying is like. Call an independent agent so we can help design the right combination on coverage and price. We have access to multiple markets, not just one. Cheap insurance seems great until you have a loss.
Myth - Bright colored cars cost more to insure. Wrong. Premiums are based on the type of vehicle you have, it’s value, where you live and other factors.
Myth - One ticket or accident will cause my company to cancel my insurance. Most insurance companies do not penalize you this way. They are more concerned with patterns of driving.
Myth - Older drivers pay more. This is not true. Many of our companies give discounts to older drivers.
Myth - The TV commercial said it was covered. All claims are subject to your individual policy terms and conditions. That is why an independent agent is important. We can provide information about what is covered and what is not.
Myth - Mexico? No problem. If you travel to Mexico we recommend special Mexico coverage.
Myth - If I get hit by someone else, the other party will pay. That is true if they have insurance. Even though many states have mandatory auto insurance requirements, almost one fifth of all drivers don’t’ have insurance. And if you don’t have the right coverage you will not be covered.
Call us today to get more information about your auto insurance.
The majority of burglaries do not involve violence or the use of a weapon, but victims do feel traumatized for months after a break-in. Most people don’t fully recover emotionality or financially. The average dollar loss from a burglary in the United States is just over $2,000, and there are over 2 million burglaries in the US every year. The good news is about 80% of burglaries are considered preventable.Kohler & Green Insurance can provide a complete review of your home and auto insurance today!
The most common items stolen include:
Cash, Cars, Art, I Pads and another high tech items, Computers, Jewelry
Guns, & Drugs
Facts- These might surprise you! Provided by “Protect your home”
A properly designed homeowner’s insurance policy can provide financial security in case you have a loss. Call us today for a free review. We offer competitively priced homeowners insurance with many options.